Rambling.


My mind wanders through these waters
and I know you must be wondering
Where am I running to
While I'm lying next to you

Well the neon lights that fill the sky
and the night that fill my eyes
are getting so much heavier
and it's hard to fall asleep

I'm searching for some kind of peace
An inch of space to simply breath
But the clowns that dance around the throne
keep my mind from you

Won't you dim those lights
and fill the night
Take my weary hand
and bind these wandering feet

I've grown tired of the lullabies
sung by proud puckered lips
If the ear doesn't hear the heart
How can we beat in sync

My mind wanders through these waters
and you'll catch yourself wondering
Why would I run.....
When I can lay next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

relevant
relevantfacebook
Facebook