taste and see

what if today is the last day you have the ability to see?  what image will be engraved in your memory?

what if today is the last day you have the ability to hear?  what are you filling your mind with?

what if today is the last day you have the ability to speak?  what words will your community remember you by?

what if today is the last day you're alive?  what are you spending your time on?


i'm not asking you these questions in an effort to make you live out of fear.  quite the contrary actually.  i want to challenge you to live with intentionality, especially if you claim to be a follower of Jesus.  Please don't waste your life any longer, because tomorrow is nothing more than a dream.  please don't live out of your circumstances and fears today.


take a moment today to go outside and look at God's glory revealed in nature.

take a moment today to listen to the groaning of creation, including your own heart.

take a moment to speak the gospel of peace to world around you.

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.



Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.

Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.



Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.



Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.



Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, 
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.



I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.



Wait for the LORD; 
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.




in love,
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

relevant
relevantfacebook
Facebook