God doesn't do that anymore....

because culture has changed.  because He doesn't need to.  because it's not needed anymore.

I just had a waking up moment while I was driving.  I'm not driving right now, don't worry.

I make a lot of excuses for not praying and hoping for the things God freely used to pour out on His people.  Why?  Because I've never experienced them, so I don't know if I really believe He's capable.  I'm challenged right now, and want to pass that challenge on.  It's not super thought out, so I'm inviting you to think about with me.

I believe that God created everything, including time...... Genesis 1.  John 1.

This is hard to say......By the way I live and pray and hope, I also believe that time changes God.  I don't want to believe that anymore.

I really, really, really don't want to keep God in my boxes anymore. Isaiah 29:16

I know without a doubt in my mind that my King wants to turn this world upside down.  I also know that in our power, He won't.  In our power, the church has become the most hypocritical, sinful, hateful, hated institution.

There's hope....

In His power, the church is a beautiful, healed, loving, loved..........body.  Romans 12.

Let God out.  He's not a pet.  He's God.  Job 38-40.

And guess what, it's okay to be scared.  I am.  I have no idea what God is going to do.......but I guess that's what makes Him God, and me man.  Psalm 119:105-112.

Ponder these thoughts.  And please church, don't try to have a god in your image, be brave enough to be made in His image.

in His love,
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

relevant
relevantfacebook
Facebook